中英惯用短语:
  • n.  我们今晚的演由美丽的格洛丽亚·门罗主持.   Hosting our show this evening is the lovely Gloria Monroe
  • n.  我们从九死一生的险境中逃.   We escaped by a hair's `breadth
  • v.  我们从门票收入中赚回演的费用.   We recouped the show's expenses from ticket sales
  • n.  我们付不出租钱了.   difficulties with the rent, ie found it hard to pay
  • n.  我们先吃些快餐再门儿.   nosh, then start out
  • v.  我们决定早些出发.   we'd makean early start
  •   我们出发喽!   Off we go
  • n.  我们出售优质布料.   We sell the best materials
  • adj.  我们国前匆匆探望了她一次.   We paid her a fleeting visit before leaving the country
  • int.  我们刚一门, 你瞧, 就下起雨来了.   As soon as we went out, lo and behold, it began to rain
  • comb form  我们别浪费时间再去发明别人已经做来的东西了.   Let's not waste time re-inventing the wheel, ie working to develop sth that has already been produced
  • adj.  我们前面的客货车滑我们左边的路, 侥幸没撞上.   Luckily the van ahead of us skidded off the road on our left, but it was a very near miss
  • n.  我们去观看了他们的新剧目的首场演.   We went to the premiere of their new presentation
  • n.  我们发请帖以後, 收到的回覆是五位接受, 一位推辞.   Since we sent out the invitations we've received five acceptances and one refusal
  • n.  我们向经销商售汽车, 不卖给一般人.   We sell cars to the trade, not to the general public
  • n.  我们呼的气渐渐给汽车的窗户上蒙上一层水蒸气.   Our breath is misting up the car windows