Chinese English Phrase:
  • v.  你突那样敲窗户真把我的魂儿都吓掉了. frighten/scare the daylights out of sb => daylights.   frightened me out of my wits suddenly knocking on the window like that!
  • adj.  你竟学跳伞! 还想怎麽著!   You're learning to be a parachutist! Whatever next
  • adv.  你给她回信了吗?'`当了!'   Did you answer her letter?' `Naturally!' `
  •   你能借给我一点钱吗?'`当可以--10英镑够了吗?'   Can you lend me some money?' `Certainly will 10 do?' `
  • conj.  你要是完事了, 咱们可以喝杯咖啡--不的话, 你最好接著干下去.   If you've finished we can have a coffee if not, you'd better keep working
  • adj.  你觉得意思仍不清楚吗?   Is the meaning still obscure to you?
  • adv.  你认为你是个粗鲁的人吗?'`当不是!'   Do you consider yourself a rude person?' `Certainly not!' `
  • n.  你那样突走到这里, 真吓了我一大跳.   a fright suddenly coming in here like that
  • vt.  使...变新鲜, 使新鲜, 使清新, 使凉爽, 使焕一新, 使变淡, 添   freshen
  • v.  使...茫然   daze
  • vt.  使不名誉, 使蒙羞, 高于, 优于, 使黯失色, 使感到羞愧, 使感到可耻, (常与into, outof连用)迫使某人因羞愧而做某事   shame
  • v.  使不自l变其本性,使变质,撤消归化权   denaturalize
  • v.  使人、 观点等)两极分化, 相冲突, 截相反   form into two groups which conflict with or are completely opposite to each other (
  • v.  使人哑然失声,使发楞   dumbfound
  •   使人战栗, 使人毛骨悚   make sb.'s flesh creep
  • adj.  使人(尤指人群)突兴奋的   causing sudden excitement, esp in a group of people