中英慣用短語:
  • adj.  伴隨某事)偶發生的.   occurring by chance in connection with sth else (
  • adj.  作為結果的, 相應而生的, 後果的, 必的, 有重要性的, 自尊自大的, 傲慢的, 重要的, 因…而引起的, 由…所致的, 隨之發生的, 結果的, 相因而生的   consequential
  • adj.  作為結果的, 隨之發生的, 結局的, 跟着發生的(on, upon), 必的, 當的, 順嚮的, (常與on, upon連用)因…而引起的, 由…所致的   consequent
  • adj.  你也太粗心了, 竟提起他已故的妻子來.   It was rather insensitive of you to mention his dead wife
  • indef det  你喝杯咖啡15分鐘當足夠了.   Surely 15 minutes is enough time for you to have a coffee
  •   你在學校裏學自科學嗎?   Do you do science at school?
  •   你應該道歉(雖我不知道你是否這樣做).   should apologize (though I'm not sure you will).
  • n.  你很用功嗎?'`當用功.'   Do you study hard?' `Of course I do.' `
  • n.  你得修補那個裂縫, 不以後會出問題.   You'll have to mend that leak or it will cause problems later
  • conj.  你得去上班了, 要不就要失去這份工作了.   You must go to work or ,else you'll lose your `job
  • v.  你快跑吧, 不就要遲到了.   You'll have to scoot or you'll be late
  •   你怎麽突又不喜歡她了?   Why have you suddenly taken against her?
  • n.  你怎麽竟做出這種事? 你難道不知羞恥嗎?   How could you do such a thing? Have you no shame?
  • adj.  你既已加快了速度, 就可以換上高擋了.   You can change into a higher gear now you're going faster
  • adv.  你顯然不願合作.   You are plainly unwilling to co-operate
  • n.  你顯有心事, 何不一吐為快? hold/keep one's cards close to one's chest => card1.   You're obviously worried about something; why not get it off your chest?