中英慣用短語:
  • adv.  這兩種說法相互排斥.   The two assertions are mutually exclusive, ie cannot both be true
  • n.  這個價錢是每米 10 英鎊, 不, 應該是每米 12 英鎊.   , it costs 12 per metre
  • n.  這個故事有很多說法.   The story has many variants
  •   這個秘密在老人去世後纔出來.   The secret was never told until after the old man's death
  • adj.  這個街角對疾馳的汽車來非常危險.   This is a nasty corner, ie is dangerous for cars going fast
  • adv.  這個食譜上需要多少雞蛋、 多少牛奶等等.   A recipe tells you that you need so many eggs, so much milk, etc
  • n.  這事我頭一次聽說.   It's news to me, ie I haven't heard about it before
  • n.  這些事, 我記得的情況與她的法不同.   My recollection of events differs from hers
  • n.  這些恐怖小有的十分嚇人.   Some of these horror stories are real shockers
  • v.  這些新情況對他們來意味著什麽呢?   What did these developments import to them?
  • v.  這些用人(對我來)幫不上忙反而是纍贅.   The servants were more of a hindrance than a help (to me).
  • adj.  這些話還是讓我來對低年級的學生罷.   Let me direct these remarks to the younger students
  • n.  這些明把我搞得有些糊塗了.   I'm a bit fogged by these instructions
  • n.  這件事她完全沒對我過.   She said nothing to me about it
  • n.  這件事對我來完全無所謂.   It's a matter of complete indifference to me, ie I do not care about it
  • pron.  這件事我不但過, 而且已經過上百次了.   If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times