中英慣用短語:
  • adj.  他稱病缺席, 但都知道他去看足球賽了.   The ostensible reason for his absence was illness, but everyone knew he'd gone to a football match
  • n.  他究竟是誰?   Who the hell is he?
  • n.  他絮叨了半天, 也沒聽進去.   He waffled on for hours but no one was listening
  • pron.  你們一個人也擡不動那架鋼琴.   No `one of you could lift that piano, ie Two or more of you would be needed
  •   你們第一就能得奬.   Whichever of you comes first will receive a prize
  •   你做禮拜時看見誰了?   Who did you see at church?
  • v.  你到底發現是幹的了嗎?   Did you ever discover who did it?
  • v.  你和誰一起去?   Who are you going with?
  •   你在聚會中看見? Whom is necessary after prepositions 在介詞後面必須用 whom   Who did you see at the party?
  • adj.  你在這個組織 負責?   Who are you accountable to in the organization?
  • v.  你建議由來做這工作?   Whom would you suggest for the job?
  • pron.  你願意告訴就告訴--對我來說都無所謂.   Tell whoever you like it makes no difference to me
  • v.  你打算挑選參加這個隊? Choose suggests a freely made decision and can refer to a decision between only two items. (We usually select or pick from a number greater than two) 用choose表示的是自由作出的决定, 可僅指兩者之間. (不止兩項時通常用select或pick)   Who are you going to pick for the team?
  •   你是從那裏知道有這傢餐館的? 這餐館棒極了!'`是朋友告訴我們的.'   Who put you on to this restaurant? It's superb!' `Friends put us on to it.' `
  • n.  你最好記住是付的帳.   You would do well to remember who is paying the bill
  •   你猜我今天碰見誰了.   Guess who I ran into today