中英慣用短語:
  •   說奉承[恭維]話   say sth. civil
  • adj.  說實在的, 你錯了.   Frankly, you are wrong
  • adj.  實在的, 我認為你兒子這次考試及格的希望不大.   frank with you, I think your son has little chance of passing the exam
  •   說實在話, 老實說   to tell the truth
  •   說實話   Actually, . . .
  •   說實話   To be honest, . . .
  •   說實話   To be frank, . . .
  •   說實話, 我敢保證   upon my word
  •   說實話, 我敢保證   on my word
  • adj.  實話, 我認為我們沒有獲勝的可能.   To be honest, I don't think we have a chance of winning
  • n.  實話, 明天我要去那裏. be no laughing matter => laughing   I'm going there tomorrow, as a matter of fact.
  • adj.  說實話, 那不是我!   It wasn't me, honest
  • v.  說實話[謊/謊話]   a lie
  • v.  說實話並不吃虧.   You will lose nothing by telling the truth
  • n.  說小話, 散布謠言   talebearing
  • v.  說廢話, 說傻話   haver