中英慣用短語:
  • n.  要是以為他會給那麽多報酬, 不啻是癡人夢!   You must be in dream-land if you think he'll pay that much
  • adj.  要是你連馬剋思這個人都從未聽過, 那麽你一定是沒有受過教育的了.   You must be illiterate if you've never heard of Marx
  • n.  要是她那麽的, 她就是了個大瞎話.   If she said that, she was telling a real whopper
  • conj.  要是我對這些事情沒有把握, 我就不這話了.   I wouldn't be saying this unless I were sure of the facts
  • adv.  要是我那時候認識你就好了,'他傷感地.   If only I had known you then,' he said wistfully. `
  • adj.  要是我們當時還沒有懷疑他們, 那就是言不由衷了.   It would be disingenuous to claim that we hadn't suspected them
  • v.  要求,請求,主張,聲稱,明,斷言   claim
  • n.  要註意他說的話.   Take note of what he says, ie pay attention to it
  • n.  要緊的是他話的時候不要打斷他的話.   The thing is not to interrupt him while he's talking
  • prep.  要裱糊天花板沒有梯子可以是辦不到.   Papering the ceiling proved next to impossible without a ladder
  • n.  要他衹有二十五歲, 我纔不信呢!   If he's only twenty-five, I'm a Dutchman
  • adj.  要服她是沒有希望的.   It's hopeless trying to convince her
  • v.  見到你可太好啦!'她興奮地.   It's so marvellous to see you!' she twittered. `
  • vt.  規定, 指定, 確定, 詳細明, 具體明, 詳列, 逐一登記, 列入清單, 詳述, 載明   specify
  • adj.  規定的, 指示的, 由於長期使用而獲得的, 慣例的, 約定俗成的, 指定的, 規範的, 明性的   prescriptive
  • n.  規格, 詳述, 詳細明書, 詳細明, 明確出, 分類, 清單, 明細單, 計劃書, 具體要求, 規範, 技術明, 申請專利發明時的書面明, 用來料加工製成新産品所取得的權利, 指定, 指明, 清單, 明書, 規範   specification