中英惯用短语:
  • n.  我一时心血来潮, 起话筒就给在澳大利亚的妹妹打了个电话.   On impulse, I picked up the phone and rang my sister in Australia
  •   我与之谈话的那个人刚从加大来.   I was talking to had just arrived from Canada
  • adj.  我们有个多余的手提箱, 但是不太容易出来.   We've got a spare suitcase but it's not very get-at-able
  • adj.  我们要夺取的军事目标均已下.   All our objectives were gained
  • v.  我伸手到桌子那端去果酱.   I reached across the table for the jam
  •   我姐姐住在加拿大.   My elder sister lives in Canada
  • v.  我已把打字机去彻底检修了.   I've taken my typewriter in for an overhaul
  • conj.  我不准主意是辞职还是留任. After a preposition whether must be used 在介词之後只能用whether   I'm not sure whether to resign or stay on.
  • n.  我敢拿性命来担保.   I'd stake my life on it, ie I'm very confident about it
  •   我知道你不痛快--可是也用不著我撒气呀!   I know you've had a bad day but taketake there's no need to take it out on me
  •   我错拿了你的手提包.   I picked up your bag by mistake
  • vt.  打开, 解开, 开箱取出, 从卸下货物, 吐露, 解除...的负担, 解释明白, 揭示...的意义, 从…出(某物)   unpack
  • vt.  扭住衣领,拿走   collapsible
  •   把...拿走[带走]; 离开   away with
  • vt.  把…从一堆中掉,把拆掉   unpile
  •   把你的手从衣袋里出来.   Take your hands out of your pockets