中英慣用短語:
  • n.  我們坐在門邊有穿堂風經過的地.   We were sitting in a draughty position near the door
  • n.  我們寸步不移地(在那地)站著.   We stood riveted (to the spot).
  • adj.  我們工資一年要增加?w40英鎊, 未扣除所得稅. 有什麽了不起! a big fish (in a little pond) an important and influential person (in a small community or restricted situation) (小地或小範圍內的)大人物. a big noise/shot (infml 口) important person 要人. the big stick the threat of using force, esp of great military strength 大棒政策(以實力, 尤指以強大的武力相威脅). the   We're getting a wage increase of 40 a year, before tax. Big deal!
  • adj.  我們已往在這裏總能找到個落腳的地.'`話倒是這麽說, 可我們不一定總那麽運氣呀.'   We've always found somewhere to stay here before.' `True, but we may not always be so lucky.' `
  •   我們已經開具由中國銀行你為受益人關於全額CIF訂單編號754總金額17,000美金的信   £17,000 to cover the full CIF value of our order No 754.
  •   我們已經開具由中國銀行你為受益人關於全額CIF訂單編號754總金額17,000美金的信用證   We have opened an L/C in your favor through the Bank of China for an amount of £17,000 to cover the full CIF value of our order No 754.
  • n.  我們已經試過了平心靜氣的說服法, 下一步怎麽辦呢?   We've tried peaceful persuasion; what's our next move?
  • v.  我們往好的面想想吧.   Let's think positive
  • v.  我們很快就離開了那個地.   We got out of there pretty damn fast
  • v.  我們必須力求把記帳法制度化.   We must try to systematize the way we do the accounts
  • n.  我們抽樣調查工人對改變工作法的看法.   changes in working methods
  • v.  我們探討了幾種解决該問題的法.   We explored several solutions to the problem
  • n.  我們旅行到過很多地, 我記都記不清.   We saw so many places on the tour I can't remember them all
  • n.  我們有多少可坐的地?   How much seating room do we have?
  • n.  我們正在多面進行改革.   We're making changes in various directions, ie of various types
  • adj.  我們沒有放桌子的空地.   for a table