Chinese English Phrase:
  • v.  总统刚刚开始一任期.   The President has just entered upon another term of office
  • n.  总钥匙, 配的, 门闩钥匙, (大门等的)万能钥匙, (能开各种锁的)总钥匙, 万能钥匙   passkey
  • adv.  成语通常不能照字面译成一种语言.   Idioms usually cannot be translated literally in another language
  • v.  我们原希望买下这所房子, 但一对夫妇不断抬价与我们竞买.   We had hoped to get the house but another couple was bidding against us, ie repeatedly offering a higher price than us
  • n.  我们已从英国的这一头旅行到一头.   We've travelled from one end of Britain to the other
  • v.  我们已否决建一座办公楼的动议.   We've defeated moves to build another office block
  •   我们是不是可以试试别的路线?   Can we perhaps try another route?
  •   我们知道了房价以後, 对买这所房子一事又有想法了.   We had second thoughts about buying the house when we discovered the price
  • v.  我体谅你可能事先已有承诺.   I appreciate that you may have prior commitments
  • n.  我可以建议找个时间吗?   Might I suggest another time?
  • v.  我向他建议我们用一种方式处理这个问题.   I suggested to him that we should tackle the problem another way
  • n.  我听不懂他的演讲, 他总是从一项内容跳到一项内容.   I couldn't understand his lecture because he kept jumping from one topic to the next
  • v.  我本想当画家, 可是环境对我作安排.   I wanted to be a painter, but circumstances decided otherwise, ie forced me to be something else
  • n.  我虽然这麽说, 我还是同意你的一说法.   , I agree with your other point
  • conj.  我要是你, 就去找工作了.   If I were you I'd start looking for another job
  •   扑克戏)由三张同点的及两张同点的牌组成的一手牌.   set of cards held by a player that consists of three cards of one value and two of another (