中英慣用短語:
  • n.  我正在學做飯, 做著玩兒已.   I'm learning to cook, just for the fun of it
  • n.  我愛喝清咖啡他喜歡加奶油的.   I drink black coffee while he prefers it with cream
  • n.  我由於健康原因辭去了工作. A motive for doing something is a feeling or desire within people which makes them act *motive指想做某事的感覺或願望   I left my job on medical grounds.
  • v.  我的依據衹是謠傳已.   I have only reports to go on
  •   我的申請書由於郵政部門罷工延誤了.   My application was held up by the postal strike
  •   我竟然看見自己的孩子因販毒被捕!   That I should see a child of mine arrested for selling drugs
  • n.  我竭力為他擋駕, 攔住那些鍥不捨的記者.   I tried to shield him against prying journalists
  • v.  我給本地的報紙寫文章衹用半小時就可一揮就.   I can toss off my article for the local newspaper in half an hour
  • v.  我脫口出說她那麽年輕.   I couldn't help remarking on her youth
  • n.  我要為遲到失禮道歉.   I must apologize for my discourtesy in arriving late
  • adj.  我認為她是健美不是貌美.   I would describe her as handsome rather than beautiful
  • v.  我負責償還他們為我用的全部花費.   I undertook to indemnify them for expenses incurred on my behalf
  • n.  我起得很早, 他還睡呢.   I got up early, but he slept on
  • adv.  我遲到了, 幸會議推遲了.   I arrived late but luckily the meeting had been delayed
  • n.  我隊今天未能真正載譽歸(如遭慘敗).   Our team didn't exactly cover itself with glory today, eg was heavily defeated
  • v.  我隊今年賽季贏五場未輸過.   Our team has had five wins and no losses this season