中英惯用短语:
  • n.  我喜欢笑剧不喜欢悲剧.   I prefer farce to tragedy
  • adj.  我因极少去看望她感到惭愧.   I feel guilty about visiting her so rarely
  • v.  我因迟到受到了严厉的训斥.   I was hauled over the coals for being late
  • n.  我因迟到而受批评.   I was taken to task for arriving late
  • adj.  我在这里是办公事不是度假.   I am here on business as opposed to a holiday
  • n.  我学习语言一向是轻易举, 这是天分.   I've always been able to learn languages easily; it's a gift
  •   我希望的是长久恩爱, 不是一夜露水之欢.   I was hoping for a lasting affair, not just a one-night stand
  • v.  我并不因为他投了保守党的票对他有看法.   I don't hold it against him that he votes Conservative
  • v.  我并非有意. 我是想开个玩笑已.   I wasn't serious. I meant it as a joke
  • v.  我想到可能出现的情况就不寒栗.   I tremble at the thought of what may happen
  • v.  我想到摆在面前的问题就不寒栗.   I shudder to think of the problems ahead of us
  • adv.  我愿意走路不愿意坐公共汽车.   I'd rather walk than take a bus
  • n.  我旅行时喜欢吃小吃不吃正餐.   I prefer to snack when I'm travelling rather than have a full meal
  • n.  我是事业心强的女人(注重事业不思结婚等).   I'm a career girl, ie I concentrate on my career rather than getting married, etc
  • n.  我是真听到有人进来还是仅仅是幻觉已?   Did I really hear someone come in, or was it only a fancy?
  • adv.  我是通过工作不是在社交中认识他的.   I know him through work, but not socially