中英惯用短语:
  • v.  你得先改掉以前钢琴老师教给你的一切习惯!   You must start by unlearning all the bad habits your previous piano teacher taught you
  • n.  你怎麽能待她那麽? 真可耻!   How could you treat her so badly? Shame on you
  • n.  你怎麽能欺骗自己的孩子, 你这个家伙!   How could you cheat your own children, you skunk
  • v.  你把东西全吃光了, 你可太了.   It was mean of you to eat all the food
  • n.  你把孩子宠坏了.   You're ruining that child, eg by being too indulgent
  • n.  你损了这些商品, 你就得都买下来.   Damaging the goods puts you under an obligation to buy them
  • n.  你的保险单列有50英镑免赔额, 所以你的汽车损修理费的首50英镑要由你付.   You will have to pay the first £50 of the cost of repairing your damaged car as there is an excess of £50 on your policy
  • n.  你的套头毛衣的肘部磨了--我得给补一补.   The elbows of your jersey are worn I'll need to patch them
  • n.  你要是划了我的汽车你就有麻烦了! the world, the flesh and the devil => world.   There'll be the devil to pay if you scratch my car!
  • n.  你要是把汽车弄了, 你父亲非说你不可(他一定得生气).   If you damage the car, your father will have plenty to say about it, ie he will be angry
  • n.  你这个蛋! 你把我想要的书拿走了.   You wretch! You've taken the book I wanted
  • v.  你那麽拖著脚走路, 就要把鞋跟磨了.   like that, you'll wear the heels out
  • vt.  使...不稳定, 使打破平衡, 使不稳定, 破…的稳定(亦作destabilise), 使动摇   destabilize
  • v.  使...分裂, 使...瓦解, 使中断, 使分裂, 使瓦解, 使陷于混乱, 破   disrupt
  • v.  使...惊骇, 使...惊恐, 使...吓, 惊骇   appal
  • vt.  使...损, 使受损, 伤害   endamage