Chinese English Phrase:
  • n.  我们原想去野餐, 後来因为下雨取消了.   We wanted to go for a picnic, but we had to scrub it because of the rain
  • n.  我们参加那个聚会是迫於人情, 并无别的原因.   We attended the party more out of a sense of obligation than anything else
  • n.  我们只因五分钟之差未能见面.   each other by five minutes
  • n.  我们只经营硬件不经营软件.   We deal in hardware but not software
  • n.  我们可以不理会他直接去找主席, 但那样做我们就如履薄冰了.   We could ignore him and go direct to the chairman, but we'd be skating on very thin ice
  • adj.  我们听说你平安无恙如释重负.   felt relieved to hear you were safe
  •   我们因交通堵塞受阻一个小时.   We were stuck in a traffic jam for an hour
  • n.  我们在聚会上能抽得身时, 便鞠躬下台告辞去.   We exited from the party as soon as we could
  • adj.  我们尽可谈论美的事物, 然美本身却是抽象的.   We may talk of beautiful things, but beauty itself is abstract
  • v.  我们应该团结起来为消除贫穷和疾病斗争.   unite to fight poverty and disease
  • v.  我们必须努力克服这种偏见, 从在信仰上采取更为宽容的态度.   We must struggle against this prejudice for a more tolerant attitude to our beliefs
  • n.  我们慢慢地划著(独木舟)逆流上.   slowly upstream
  • v.  我们提前出发从把损失的时间补了回来.   We recovered lost time by setting out early
  • adj.  我们是远道而来的.   distance
  •   我们正在为达到共同的目标努力.   We're working towards common objectives
  • n.  我们每年都要为前往何处度假争论一番.   We have a tussle every year about where to go on holiday