中英惯用短语:
  • v.  成群而行, 聚集, 聚结   flock
  • adj.  我一番好话反惹她生了一肚子气.   She reacted angrily to my ,well-intentioned remarks
  • v.  我一直为他把书搬来搬去. Hump suggests that the load is heavy and difficult to move and is carried on one's back or shoulders *hump指以背或扛的方式移动笨重难以移动之物   I've been carting these books around for him all over the place.
  • n.  我不能保证做到, 但我一定尽力为.   I can't promise, but I'll do my best
  •   我乘长途飞机後因生理节奏失调感到昏昏沉沉的.   I felt completely disorientated with the jet lag
  • n.  我了解到了那令人恐惧的事实, 顿时感到不寒栗.   My scalp began to prickle as I realized the horrible truth
  • adv.  我今晚轻易举就可把它做完.   I can easily finish it tonight
  • adj.  我从电视中看到这些旧音乐影片, 怀旧之情油然生.   I get very nostalgic when I watch these old musicals on TV
  • adj.  我以为她娇小漂亮, 结果完全相反.   I thought she would be small and pretty but she's completely the opposite
  • n.  我们一听说你病了, 欢乐的气氛一扫光.   It took all the fun out of the occasion when we heard that you were ill
  •   我们上星期考的学生都好极了. In non-defining relative clauses whom or who (not that) is used and the pronoun cannot be omitted 在非限定性关系从句中, 要用 whom 或 who(不可用that)且不可省略   we examined last week were excellent.
  • n.  我们不能单凭臆测谴责她.   We must not condemn her on pure supposition
  • n.  我们为寻找答案绞尽脑汁.   We racked our brains for an answer
  • v.  我们为战争结束欢欣鼓舞.   We rejoiced that the war was over
  • n.  我们之间产生了一连串的误解, 因关系紧张了.   Relations between us have become frayed through a series of misunderstandings
  • n.  我们公司以享有经营作风正派的美誉感到自豪.   Our company is proud of its reputation for fair dealing