中英惯用短语:
  • adj.  我总是避免与人深交.   I've always shied away from close friendships
  • v.  我想用迈克尔·杰克逊的录音带换你的布鲁斯·斯普林斯廷唱片集.   my Michael Jackson tape for your Bruce Springsteen album
  • n.  我把命交给他都放心.   I'd trust him with my life
  • v.  我把房门钥匙给你, 你可以自己进去.   I'll give you a key to the flat so that you can let yourself in
  • adj.  我把跟服务员结帐的事给你办行吗?   Can I leave you to square up with the waiter?
  • n.  我把这个问题给你来处理.   I'll leave you to sort this problem out
  • adv.  我是通过工作而不是在社中认识他的.   I know him through work, but not socially
  • n.  我有贝多芬响乐全部的录音带.   I've got all the Beethoven symphonies on tape
  • prep.  我每天都把婴儿给我母亲照料.   I leave the baby with my mother every day
  • adj.  我没兴致与人交往.   He has never really been the sociable type. 他从不好际.* I'm not in a sociable mood
  • v.  我派乔去了解一下与他们做一笔易的可能性.   I sent Joe along to sus out the possibility of doing a deal with them
  • n.  我现在辞去主席职位, 由我的副手接替.   I am resigning as chairman and handing over to my deputy
  •   我的申请下星期提计画委员会审批.   My application goes before the planning committee next week
  • v.  我看见在天水接处的轮船.   I descry a sail on the horizon
  • n.  我经常使用公共通工具.   I'm a great user of public transport
  • prep.  我给你留了个信儿给你秘书了.   I left a message for you with your secretary