中英惯用短语:
  • v.  我父母告诫我千万不要谎.   My parents taught me never to tell lies
  • n.  我疑心她没对我实话.   I have a suspicion that she is not telling me the truth
  • n.  我的小说刚出精装本.   My novel has just appeared in hardback
  • n.  我的德语不太好, 但她的话我大致是明白的.   My German isn't very good, but I got the general drift of what she said
  • adj.  我的意见已经过了--听不听请便.   I've said my last word -- take it or leave it
  •   我的房东要挟要把每周租金提高10英镑.   My landlord's threatening to put the rent up by 10 a week
  • v.  我的秘书威胁要辞职.   My secretary has threatened to leave
  • n.  我的职责需要更清楚的明.   My duties require clearer definition
  • adj.  我直率地对他我认为他是在撒谎.   I told him straight out that I thought he was lying
  • v.  我知道你不信我的话, 但是请听我把话完!   I know you don't believe me but please hear me out
  • n.  我突然喜欢上了侦探小.   I've suddenly taken a fancy to detective stories
  • v.  我简直无法叫她说话.   I can't get her to talk at all
  • adj.  我给他开门时他了一声`多谢'.   Much obliged,' he said as I opened the door for him
  •   我聚精会神地听她话.   I listened intently to what she had to say
  • n.  我肯定他这话完全是出於恶意.   from spite
  •   我肯定你说得对.   that you are right