中英惯用短语:
  • n.  你究竟支持谁? (你应支持我.)   Whose side are you on anyway? ie You should be supporting me
  • v.  你考虑的时间够长的了, 作决定了.   You have pondered long enough; it is time to decide
  • n.  你能向我多提供一些有关公司财务状况的资料吗?   Can you give me more background on the company's financial position?
  • n.  你自己是否清楚做什麽?   Are you quite clear in your own mind what you ought to do?
  • n.  你要喝什麽? 我请客了.   What will you have? It's my shout
  •   你该多想著点儿别人.   You might be a thought more considerate of other people
  • v.  你找份工作, 负担自己的生活费了!   It's time you got a job and started paying for your keep
  • n.  你换挡了--发动机有些吃不住劲了.   You should change gear the engine's starting to labour
  • n.  你该理发了.   You ought to have a haircut
  • v.  你身体很弱, 应练练跑步.   You're very unfit; you ought to take up running
  •   你这个旧收音机进博物馆了, 早就买个新的了!   This old radio of yours is a bit of a museum piece; it's about time you got a new one
  • adj.  你这个该死的大笨蛋!   You frigging idiot
  • n.  你(对做的事或说的话)应感到羞耻   Your beautiful handwriting puts my untidy scrawl to shame. 你漂亮的字体把我的潦草字迹比得见不得人. `shame on you you should feel shame (about what you have done or said)
  • n.  使人觉得自己做错了事或做某事而未做   You cannot in all conscience regard that as fair pay. 你在良心上总不能认为那样的报酬算是合理的吧. on one's `conscience making one feel one has done wrong, or left sth undone
  • n.  使活跃之物, 催化剂, 触媒剂, 活化剂, 激励器, 抖动器, 灵敏度提高装置, 矿物中所含杂质能使矿物发光的东西, 催化剂   activator
  • n.  使用图书馆是一项特殊的照顾,而不是一种权利.   Use of the library is a privilege, not a right