中英惯用短语:
  • adj.  我们的假日过得只能是差强人意.   Our holiday was only a partial success
  •   我们的国家(话或写文章的人指其所在国)   this country
  •   我们等到天气好些再.   We're waiting until the weather picks up a bit
  • n.  我们能以话的方式表达思想.   We can express our thoughts by speech
  • adj.  我们说不清该责怪谁.   who was to blame
  • v.  我但愿能没有这麽多事情做,'她叹著气.   I wish I didn't have so much to do,' she sighed. `
  • adj.  我倒是愿意帮忙, 但是无能为力--老实话!   I'd like to help, but I can't on the level
  • v.  我偶然听到他他要到法国去.   saying he was going to France
  • n.  我先看果酱标签上的明再决定买哪种.   I read the information on the label before deciding which jam to buy
  • v.  我再说一遍   the runway is not clear for take-off
  • v.  我刚提出筹集基金的问题, 他急忙插嘴问题已经解决了.   When I brought up the question of funding, he quickly interjected that it had been settled
  • adj.  我只是看见玛丽了(但没有跟她话).   I only `saw Mary, ie I saw her but I didn't speak to her
  • n.  我可不愿意一晚上都听你话.   I have little inclination to listen to you all evening
  •   我可以再提你在会议开始时所的事情吗?   Can I go back to what you said at the beginning of the meeting?
  • n.  我可以和府上女主人句话吗? one's young lady/young man => young.   Might I speak to the lady of the house?
  • pron.  我可以给你出一百个不去的理由.   I could give you a hundred reasons for not going