中英惯用短语:
  • conj.  我们住在我朋友家里, 得确切些是在我朋友的父母家.   We stayed at my friend's house, or rather at my friend's parents' house
  • n.  我们向大本营发报, 我们遇到了困难.   headquarters that we were in trouble
  • adj.  我们向来不喜欢意大利.'`你的 我们 是指你孤家寡人吧? 我认为意大利好极了!'   We've never liked Italy.' `Is that the royal ``we''? I think Italy's great!' `
  • v.  我们听他失踪了, 都很不安.   We were perturbed to hear of his disappearance
  • adj.  我们听你平安无恙而如释重负.   felt relieved to hear you were safe
  • adj.  我们已往在这里总能找到个落脚的地方.'`话倒是这麽, 可我们不一定总那麽运气呀.'   We've always found somewhere to stay here before.' `True, but we may not always be so lucky.' `
  • n.  我们已经试过了平心静气的服方法, 下一步怎麽办呢?   We've tried peaceful persuasion; what's our next move?
  •   我们应该看看当局怎麽.   We must see what the authorities have to say
  • n.  我们得到消息你父亲病了.   that your father is ill
  • v.  我们必须把旅行推迟, 等天气好转再.   We must delay our journey until the weather improves
  • n.  我们扼要地明了反对该建议的意见.   We outlined our main objections to the proposal
  •   我们按能在天黑前到达.   We should arrive before dark
  • v.  我们无法劝那位老太太坐飞机去.   We couldn't induce the old lady to travel by air
  • adj.  我们是否能按时到机场还很难.   It was touch-and-go whether we would get to the airport in time
  •   我们有没有对付焦虑的良药呢?“我非常害怕,”JulieWhite。不过,她有应付之道:瑜伽术的肢体伸展和深呼吸。这一练习可以使她平静下来,效果极佳,以至当恐怖升级以后,White将她的练习也升了级--从一天一次课到一天两次。她:“瑜伽是我的镇定剂。”   Is there an antidote to anxiety? "I'm very frightened, " said Julie White. But she has a remedy: the stretching and deep breathing of yoga. The practice is so calming that after the terror upgrade, White made an upgrade of her own--from one class a day to two. she says, "Yoga is my tranquilizer."
  •   我们根本服不了他们.   We failed utterly to convince them