中英慣用短語:
  •   我在回傢的路上要順便買些西做飯.   something for dinner on my way home
  • adj.  我寧可挨餓也不吃那種西!   I'd rather go hungry than eat that
  •   我已經有一個星期不想吃西了.   my food for a week
  • v.  我幫(他)找東西.   find his things
  • v.  我得付給房500英鎊押金才能搬進房裏去.   I had to pay a 500 deposit to the landlord before I could move into the house
  • n.  我得去買點東西.   shopping to do
  •   我得找些零碎西捐給教堂作義賣.   I must look out some bits and pieces for the church jumble sale
  • adv.  我懷疑他是否看過這篇西.   I doubt if he has read it yet
  • n.  我總是在星期一買西.   I always do the shopping on a Monday
  • n.  我纔不看那種無聊的西呢.   I don't read that tripe
  • n.  我把一切西都鎖在保險箱裏以防萬一.   I took the precaution of locking everything in the safe
  • adj.  我把所有東西都賣了.   I've sold the whole lot, ie everything
  • adj.  我把所有西都扔到汽車後座上去了.   I just threw the whole caboodle in the back of the car
  • n.  我整個星期沒有賣出西.   I haven't made a sale all week
  • n.  我有很多東西要縫.   I've got a pile of sewing to do
  • n.  我極想吃點東西.   I'm dying for something to eat