中英慣用短語:
  • comb form  我們別浪費時間再去發明別人已經做出來的西了.   Let's not waste time re-inventing the wheel, ie working to develop sth that has already been produced
  • n.  我們衹去兩天, 你不用帶那麽多西!   We're only going for two days; you don't need to bring so much gear
  • n.  我們嚮東方旅行.   We are travelling east
  • n.  我們回來得早, 沒想到正撞見有賊正在偷櫃櫥裏的西.   We returned early and surprised the burglars searching through the cupboards
  • n.  我們在中東的代理人.   our agents in the Middle East
  • n.  我們將給這些西編為一至十號.   We'll number them from one to ten
  • n.  我們度假時好像總把一切能帶的西都帶著.   We always seem to take everything but the kitchen sink when we go on holiday
  • n.  我們派駐香港、 中的通訊員   our Hong Kong, Middle East, etc correspondent
  • v.  我們的眼睛在黑暗中看不見西.   Our eyes could not penetrate the darkness
  • v.  我們的食物其實並不夠分的, 衹好(用現有的西)將就了.   We haven't really got enough food for everyone but we'll have to make shift (with what we've got).
  • v.  我偶然發現了我一直在尋找的西.   I happened on just the thing I'd been looking for
  • n.  我出生於部, 但現在住在洛杉磯.   I was born in the East, but now live in Los Angeles
  • adj.  我可不吃這種惡心西.   I'm not going to eat this shitty food
  • n.  我可不願意犧牲一天休假日單單陪簡去買西.   I'm not sacrificing my day off just to go shopping with Jane
  • n.  我可以聽見他在隔壁屋子裏(不停地)錘打西.   in the house next door
  • v.  我告訴過你, 別動我的西!   I told you not to touch my things