中英惯用短语:
  • v.  今天下午我把孩子托付你, 你不介意吧? Cf 参看 off-load.   Do you mind if I unload the children onto you this afternoon?
  • n.  今天付款到期, 但我了她一个星期的宽限.   Payment is due today, but I gave her a week's grace, ie an extra week to pay
  • n.  今日的门票收入将捐献慈善事业.   Today's gate will be given to charity
  •   仓式定量给料机   cabin ration feeding machine
  • v.  他不懂希腊文, 我主动他翻译.   He doesn't understand Greek, so I offered to translate
  • n.  他不我回信使我百思不解.   that he hasn't replied to my letter
  • v.  他以点数输给了冠军.   He was outpointed by the champion
  • v.  他们一直没我回信, 叫人担心.   It worries me that they haven't answered my letters
  • adj.  他们不大可能你钱,'他冷淡地说. dryness n [U].   They're not likely to give you money,' he remarked dryly. `
  • n.  他们不太卖力气, 不过却也没他们奖励.   They don't try very hard, but then there's no incentive
  • adj.  他们不痛痛快快把钱付我.   paying me
  • n.  他们举办了一次音乐会, 把收入捐了慈善机构.   They gave a concert and donated the proceeds to charity
  • adj.  他们付我一笔50便士的巨款.   They paid me the princely sum of 50p
  • pron.  他们付我的薪水不太高.   The salary they pay me is none too high
  •   他们受骗, 了他一大笔钱.   They were beguiled into giving him large sumsof money
  • pron.  他们总是我们很多东西吃.   They always gave us plenty to eat