中英惯用短语:
  •   [美口], 原来如此; 这就揭开了谜底。   That accounts for the milk in the cocoa -nut[coconut]
  •   [美口]岂有此理! 嗳呀! 我的天! (表惊奇、愤怒)   For crying out loud!
  •   [谑]唷, 别那么凶啊!   Well, don't eat me!
  • int.  万岁, (表示高兴、赞成的欢呼声)好, 好哇!   hurrah
  • adj.  不幸的小伙子, 他刚刚死了妻子.   Poor chap, his wife has just died
  • int.  主,天啊   lord
  • n.  亲爱的! 你来到这里多让人高兴!   My darling! How sweet of you to come
  •   他小提琴拉得多好啊.   How well he plays the violin
  • adj.  你今天满面春风啊!   You're very bright and breezy today!
  •   你已经吃过午饭了吗? 现在才12点钟!   Have you finished lunch already? It's only 12 o'clock!
  • n.  你想想, 我们在那里看见她时, 是多麽吃惊.   Imagine our surprise on seeing her there
  • v.  你等了很久了吗?'`是, 等了20分钟了.'   twenty minutes.' `
  • adj.  你身体怎样?'`, 还不错, 多谢!'   How are you feeling?' `Oh, not so dusty, thanks!' `
  • n.  医生在哪儿?'他呻吟著问.   Where's the doctor?' he moaned. `
  • n.  叹词, 感叹语(如`!'`好哇!'或`看在老天爷的面上!').   word or phrase used as an exclamation (eg Oh!, Hurray! or For goodness sake)
  •   听, 好哇! 说得对! (表示赞同人家的发言; 有时带有讽刺的意思)   H-!H-!