中英慣用短語:
  •   [美口], 原來如此; 這就揭開了謎底。   That accounts for the milk in the cocoa -nut[coconut]
  •   [美口]豈有此理! 噯呀! 我的天! (表驚奇、憤怒)   For crying out loud!
  •   [謔]唷, 別那麽兇啊!   Well, don't eat me!
  • int.  萬歲, (表示高興、贊成的歡呼聲)好, 好哇!   hurrah
  • adj.  不幸的小夥子, 他剛剛死了妻子.   Poor chap, his wife has just died
  • int.  主,天啊   lord
  • n.  親愛的! 你來到這裏多讓人高興!   My darling! How sweet of you to come
  •   他小提琴拉得多好啊.   How well he plays the violin
  • adj.  你今天滿面春風啊!   You're very bright and breezy today!
  •   你已經吃過午飯了嗎? 現在纔12點鐘!   Have you finished lunch already? It's only 12 o'clock!
  • n.  你想想, 我們在那裏看見她時, 是多麽吃驚.   Imagine our surprise on seeing her there
  • v.  你等了很久了嗎?'`是, 等了20分鐘了.'   twenty minutes.' `
  • adj.  你身體怎樣?'`, 還不錯, 多謝!'   How are you feeling?' `Oh, not so dusty, thanks!' `
  • n.  醫生在哪兒?'他呻吟著問.   Where's the doctor?' he moaned. `
  • n.  嘆詞, 感嘆語(如`!'`好哇!'或`看在老天爺的面上!').   word or phrase used as an exclamation (eg Oh!, Hurray! or For goodness sake)
  •   聽, 好哇! 說得對! (表示贊同人傢的發言; 有時帶有諷刺的意思)   H-!H-!