n. 人们盼望来拯救世界的)救星 person expected to come and save the world (
adj. 他仍盼望她能来信. is still hoping for a letter from her
呈现在眼前; 在考虑中; 目的在于; 盼望中 in view
n. 和wish亦可与不定式连用, 此时两者意义较为接近. She hopes to get a job overseas means she has a strong desire to get one and there's a good possibility that she will. *She hopes to get a job overseas(她希望找个海外的工作)意为她有此强烈愿望并极有可能实现. She wishes to get a job overseas is a formal way of saying that she wants to get one. *She wishes to get a job overseas(她盼望找个海外的工作)是表达她有此愿望的郑重说法. Hope and wish can also be used with an infinitive, in which case their meanings are closer. *hope
盼复并报价。 We are looking forward to your comments and quotation.
所有中国人无不殷切盼望早日结束这种令人痛心的局面。 All the Chinese people are yearning for an early end to this agonizing situation.
它表现在:两人不在一起时表现出万般的思念和渴盼,而一旦在一起时,痴迷与兴奋的宣泄中又夹杂着疑惑和焦虑。 It involves yearning and longing when the beloved person is not there, and rapture and excitement abut through with doubt and anxiety when the lovers are together.
盼早日回复为荷。 Looking forward to receiving your immediate reply.
盼获得贵公司答复。 We look forward to receiving your acceptance.
盼告你方意见。 We look forward to receiving your comments.
我们盼望着在北京接待你。 We are looking forward to receiving you in Beijing.
贵体欠佳,深表不安,盼早康复。 Regret your illness recover soon.
我盼望她很快会恢复健康。 I trust (that) I shall recover soon.
我盼望她很快会恢复健康。 I trust(that) she'll recover soon.
我们建议贵方可以采用我方的第15号货品,盼望与贵方讨论我们双方的销售预测。 We think it more advisable for you to handle our No.15, and we would like to discuss the prospect of sale with you.
收到盼望已久的礼物是一种快乐,但未曾料到的纪念品则是更大的欢欣。 Expected gifts are a pleasure to receive, but unexpected remembrances are even a greater joy.
不要对着镜子顾盼自怜了吧! Stop looking in the mirror admiring yourself!
不要左顾右盼。 Do not gaze round.
收到本单后,来函告知,并希最迟于九月底以前装船为盼。 Kindly acknowledging receipt, and have the goods sent by last motorship in September.
请收到支票后惠予告知为盼。 An acknowledgement of the cheque will be appreciated.
对下面这些被废除和勾销的作品,我们该怀着怎样的牵挂和好奇,盼望着能够一睹芳容! The most careless simply covered the original painting with a layer of powder. How we wish we could see the paintings so ruthlessly hidden from view!
他天天盼望姐姐santa回来。 He's ready to burst waiting for Santa.
眼中闪耀着期盼的目光 Eyes shining with expectation.
盼早日得到装船通知。 Awaiting your early advice of shipment.
我得说我盼望尽快签订合同。 I must say I look forward to signing the contract as soon as possible.
我由衷地盼你能通过考试。 I sincerely hope you'll pass the exam.
表达期盼 Situation Three Expressing Anticipation
他们为一点点钱而勤奋工作,兼有一种有工作的虚幻安全感,盼着一年三周的假期和工作45年后获得的一小笔养老金。 They work very hard, for little money, clinging to the illusion of job security, looking forward to a three-week vacation each year and a skimpy pension after forty-five years of work.
玛丽和我热切盼望晚会的举行。 Mary and I are looking forward very much to the party.
请将你方现有目录尽速寄来为盼. Please rush me (ie send me immediately) your current catalogue.
我张开双臂,盼与你共度新春佳节。 My arms are wide open for you this New Year.
要是你当真盼望工人掌权,你就不该支持政府关于限制工资而增加雇主利润的计划——你不能脚踏两只船。 If you really want the workers to gain power you should not be supporting the government's plan to limit wages while slowing the profits of the employers to increase-you cannot serve two masters.
过了一天又一天,上帝快给个星期天。(此乃懒惰者的愿望,亦指懒惰的佣人盼望工作时间快快过去,休息和发工钱的日子快快到来)。 Come day , go day , God send Sunday .
一生中,最为辉煌的一天并不是功成名就的那些天,而是从悲叹与绝望中产生对人生的挑战和对未来辉煌的期盼的那些日子。(法国作家 福楼拜 G) The most glorious moment in your life are not the socalled days of success, but rather those days when out of dejection and despair you feel rise in you a challenge to life, and the promise of future accomplishment. (Gustave Flaubert, French writer)
殷切地盼望早日来电。 We anticipate a prompt reply from you.
我们期盼学校团体旅行时会很好玩。 We anticipate much pleasure from our school excursion.