斜桁四角帆没有帆杠,脚比头大,斜挂在桅杆上的桁弯曲的一种平面四角帆 A quadrilateral sail that lacks a boom, has the foot larger than the head, and is bent to a yard hanging obliquely on the mast.
我想往法国寄一封航空挂号信。 I want t send a registered airmail letter to France.
用石英线悬挂的光盘;当遇到前进的声波时它的扭矩可以测量速率。 a light disk suspended from a quartz thread; when exposed to a progressive sound wave its torque can measure velocity.
请排队挂号。 Please queue up to register.
我并不是对你所要求的旅费表示怀疑,这笔钱数目很小,不足挂齿。 I am not questioning your claim for navel expenses. It's such a small amount that ifs not worth quibbling about.
这个挂物架易於用螺丝钉固定。 This rack screws on easily.
一个暂时的用来挂衣服和帽子的架子。 a rack for temporarily holding coats and hats.
汽车修理工不能再挂裸体女人的挂历;对秘书讲下流玩笑的主管可能会毁掉自己的前程。 Garage mechanics can no longer post calendars with photographs of nude women, and supervisors who tell racy jokes to their secretaries are endangering their careers.
固定在墙上用来挂画的横杆。 rail fixed to a wall for hanging pictures.
但是人们对微笑的《蒙娜·丽莎》的偏爱而冷落了它。《蒙娜·丽莎》挂在防弹玻璃的后面,不仅设置了结实的护栏,而且始终有一位警卫把守。 But it is ignored in favour of the smiling figure of Mona Lisa set behind bullet-proof glass and protected constantly by a guard and a stout railing.
截至二零零一年年底,已有58家于内地注册成立的企业通过发行h股在联合交易所挂牌上市,总集资额超过1,288亿元,其中66亿元在二零零一年集得。 At the end of the year, 58 Mainland-incorporated enterprises had been listed on the SEHK through the issuance of H-shares, raising a total of more than $128.8 billion. Of this, $6.6 billion was raised in 2001.
我还没来得及解释,他就把电话挂上了。 He rang off before I could explain.
他名字也未说就挂断了电话。 He rang off without giving his name.
墙上挂着的一幅画;我背上长的疹子 A picture on the wall; a rash on my back.
迪恩说,印第安人相信,如果你把死响尾蛇挂到外面风干,它会给你带来雨水。 Dean said that Indians believe that if you hang a dead rattler out to dry, it will bring rain.
这幅画挂在浅色的墙上显得更美。 The picture looks better against the light wall.
双桅帆船带两根桅杆的帆船,前桅挂横帆,纵帆装置的船挂方形斜桁帆 A two-masted sailing ship, square-rigged on the foremast and having a fore-and-aft mainsail with square main topsails.
船长吩咐在船头和船尾各挂一面旗子。 The captain ordered two flags to be placed fore and aft.
她用围巾包住了头,但几根卷发还是溜了出来,湿湿地挂在她的左眼上。 a scarf was tied round her head but the rebellious curl had escaped and hung damply over her left eye.
他砰地把电话筒挂上去。 He banged up the receiver.
他砰地挂上听筒走掉了。 He banged up the receiver and went away.
我必须挂断电话了。 I have to hang up the receiver now.
可能是您没有挂好电话听筒。 It's possible you didn't hang up your receiver.
壁龛墙壁上凹进去的空间,用来悬挂雕像或装饰品 A recess in a wall, as for holding a statue or an urn.
这封信要寄挂号。 I need to register this letter.
你最好挂号邮寄这个包裹。 You would better register this parcel.
我想挂号邮寄这封信。 I'd like to register the letter.
我将挂号邮寄这封信。 I'd like to register this letter.
能否给我把这封信挂号? Can you register this letter for me?
能否给我把这封信挂号? Could you register this letter for me?
我想挂号邮寄这封信。 I 'd like to register the letter.
信中夹钞票最好寄挂号。 It's wise to register letters containing banknotes.