Maplereview Collections

钓月

???中国江苏

?????74?

?????12 Apr 2008

???教师

???写作翻译旅游

?????Send private message

?????Send e-mail

Find all posts by 钓月

???欲钓那只太阳,却钓了一轮月亮

http://www.hongxiu.com/my.asp?id=1310875
http://blog.sina.com.cn/hanqirong

现代诗歌
古韵新音
西方文学 Western Literature
Post new topic   Reply to topic
泰戈尔《飞鸟》新译(二)

101. The cloud stood humbly in a corner of the sky.
The morning crowned it with splendour
白云谦恭地站在天之一隅。
晨光冠以辉煌。
.
102. The dust receives insult and in return offers her flowers.
尘土蒙辱,却报之以花朵。

103. Do not linger to gather flowers to keep them, but walk on, for flowers will keep themselves blooming all your way.
尽管走去,不必为了采花保存而逗留,因为一路上花自会继续开放。

104. Roots are the branches down in the earth.
Branches are roots in the air.
根是地下的枝。
枝是空中的根。

105. The music of the far-away summer flutters around the Autumn seeking its former nest.
远夏之音乐在秋色中翩飞,寻找它的旧巢。

106. Do not insult your friend by lending him merits from your own pocket.
不要把自己口袋里的美德借给你的朋友,这是侮辱他。

107. The touch of the nameless days clings to my heart like mosses round the old tree.
无名日子的感触牵系我心,宛如绿色苔藓缠绕老树。

108. The echo mocks her origin to prove she is the original.
回声嘲笑其原声以证明她是原声。

109. God is ashamed when the prosperous boasts of his special favour.
发达者吹嘘说他得到上帝特别恩宠时,上帝感到羞耻。

110. I cast my own shadow upon my path, because I have a lamp that has not been lighted.
我将自己影子投射在我的路上,因为我有一盏还没点亮的灯。

111. Man goes into the noisy crowd to drown his own clamour of silence.
人为了淹没自己沉默的喧闹而走进喧闹的人群中。

112. That which ends in exhaustion is death, but the perfect
ending is in the endless.
终止于衰竭是死亡,但圆满的结束却是蕴含于无穷。

113. The sun has his simple rode of light. The clouds are decked with gorgeousness.
太阳只有简单的光的锚缆,云彩却披上华丽的裙裾。

114. The hills are like shouts of children who raise their arms, trying to catch stars.
山像孩童一样叫喊着举起手臂,想捉下天上的星星。

115. The road is lonely in its crowd for it is not loved.
道路拥挤却寂寞,因为没人爱它。

116. The power that boasts of its mischiefs is laughed at by the yellow leaves that fall, and clouds that pass by.
权力夸耀其恶行,却被落下的黄叶和飘过的云彩嘲笑。

117. The earth hums to me today in the sun, like a woman at her spinning, some ballad of the ancient time in a forgotten tongue.
今天在阳光下大地就像一位织布妇人向我哼着歌,用一种已被忘却的语言哼着古代的歌谣。

118. The grass-blade is worthy of the great world where it grows.
草叶无愧于它所生长的伟大世界。

119. Dream is a wife who must talk.
Sleep is a husband who silently suffers.
梦是一定要说话的妻子。
睡眠是默默忍受的丈夫。

120. The night kisses the fading day whispering to his ear, “I am death, your mother. I am to give you fresh birth.”
夜吻着逝去的日子,向他耳语道:“我是死亡,你的母亲。我将给与你新生。”

121. I feel thy beauty, dark night, like that of the loved woman when she has put out the lamp.
黑夜呀,我感觉到你的美了, 美若熄灯后的可爱妇人。

122. I carry in my world that flourishes the worlds that have failed.
我把那些已衰败的世俗繁荣带到我的世界上来。

123. Dear friend, I feel the silence of your great thoughts of many a deepening eventide on this beach when I listen to these waves.
亲爱的朋友,当我在海滨听着波涛,我便感受到你好多深如日暮般伟大思想的静默了。

124. The bird thinks it is an act of kindness to give the fish a life in the air.
鸟以为把鱼抓在空中是一种善行。

125. “In the moon thou sendest thy love letters to me,” said the night to the sun, “I leave my answers in tears upon the grass.”
夜对太阳说:“你把情书在月光里送给我。我在草地上用泪水写了回信。”

126. The great is a born child; when he dies he gives his great childhood to the world.
伟人是天生稚童;当他死时,他将自己伟大的孩提时代献给世界。

127. Not hammer-strokes, but dance of the water sings the pebbles into perfection.
不是槌的打击,而是水的载歌载舞使鹅卵石臻于完美。

128. Bees sip honey from flowers and hum their thanks when they leave.
The gaudy butterfly is sure that the flowers owe thanks to him.
蜜蜂自百花采蜜,离开时营营地致谢。
缤纷的蝴蝶却坚信花儿应向他致谢。

129. To be outspoken is easy when you do not wait to speak the complete truth.
当你不准备说出完全的真理时,坦率轻而易举。

130. Asks the Possible to the Impossible,
“Where is your dwelling-place?”
“In the dreams of the impotent,” comes the answer.
“可能”问“不可能”:
“你住于何处?”
回答是:“在无能为力者的梦境里。”

131. If you shut your door to all errors, truth will be shut out.
如果你把所有错误都拒之门外,真理也会被拒之门外。

132. I hear some rustle of things behind my sadness of heart——I cannot see them.
我听见在我哀哀之心后面有东西沙沙作响——却看不到它们。

133. Leisure in its activity is work.
The stillness of the sea stirs in waves.
闲暇活动时便是工作。
静止的海水动荡时便成波涛。

134. The leaf becomes flower when it loves.
The flower becomes fruit when it worships.
叶子恋爱时便成了花朵。
花朵崇拜时便成了果实。

135. The roots below the earth claim no rewards for making the branches fruitful.
地下的树根使树枝结出累累果实,却不计回报。

136. This rainy evening the wind is restless.
I look at the swaying branches and ponder over the greatness of all things.
这个雨夜,风无眠无休。
我看着摇曳的树枝,思索着万物的伟大。

137. Storm of midnight, like a giant child awakened in the untimely dark, has begun to play and shout.
子夜的暴风雨,仿佛在黑夜里过早被弄醒的巨童,开始玩耍喧闹。

138. Thou raisest thy waves vainly to follow thy lover, O sea, thou lonely bride of the storm.
海啊,你这暴风雨落寞的新娇娘啊,你徒劳地掀起波浪追随你的爱人。

139. I am ashamed of my emptiness, said the Word to the Work. I know how poor I am when I see you, said the Work to the Word.
文字对工作说:“我羞愧于我的空虚。”
工作对文字说:“我看见你就知道自己是如何贫乏了。”

140. Time is the wealth of change, but the clock in its parody make it mere change and no wealth.
时间是变化的财富。时钟拙劣的模仿使它只有变化而无财富。

141. Truth in her dress finds facts too tight.
In fiction she moves with ease.
穿衣裳的真理发现事实太拘束了。在想象中,她行动自如。

142. When I travelled to here and to there, I was tired of thee, O Road, but now when thou leadest me to everywhere, I am wedded to thee in love.
当我到处旅行时,路啊,我厌倦你;当你现在带着我去各处时, 我与你相爱结婚。

143. Let me think that there is one among those stars that guides my life through the dark unknown.
让我设想,那些繁星中有一颗星引领我的生命穿越那未知的黑暗。

144. Woman, with the grace of your fingers you touched my things and order came out like music.
妇人,你用优美的纤指触摸我的器物,于是秩序便如音乐般开花了。

145. One sad voice has its nest among the ruins of the years.
It sings to me in the night, “I loved you.”
一个忧郁的声音筑巢于岁月废墟之中。
夜间它向我唱道:“我曾爱你。”

146. The flaming fire warns me off by its own glow.
Save me from the dying embers hidden under ashes.
熊熊燃烧的火焰用其光辉警告我走开。
把我从隐藏于灰中的余烬里解救出来吧。

147. I have my stars in the sky.
But, oh, for my little lamp unlit in my house.
我拥有天空的星星,
但是,唉,我屋里的小灯却没亮。

148. The dust of the dead words clings to thee.
Wash thy soul with silence.
逝去的文字尘埃附着在你身上。
用静默洗涤你的灵魂吧。

149. Gaps are left in life through which comes the sad music of death.
生命里留有许多罅隙,从中传来死之哀乐。

150. The world has opened its heart of light in the morning.
Come out, my heart, with thy love to meet it.
世界在清晨敞开了它的光明之心。
出来吧,我的心,带着你的爱去迎接它。

151. My thoughts shimmer with these shimmering leaves and my heart sings with the touch of this sunlight; my life is glad to be floating with all things into the blue of space, into the dark of time.
我的思想随着这些闪烁的绿叶而闪闪发光,我的心灵由于阳光的触摸而歌唱;我的生命因为偕万物遨游在蔚蓝太空和黑暗时间之中而喜悦。

152. God's great power is in the gentle breeze, not in the storm
上帝的伟力在柔柔轻风里,而不在暴风雨中。
.
153. This is a dream in which things are all loose and they oppress. I shall find them gathered in thee when I awake and shall be free.
这是一个一切皆放荡不羁令人沮丧的梦。当我醒而自由时,我会发现这些都集于你一身。

154. “Who is there to take up my duties?” asked the setting sun.
“I shall do what I can, my Master, “ said the earthen lamp.
落日问:“有谁承担我的责任呢?”
瓦灯说:“我将竭尽所能,我的主人。”

155. By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
摘下花瓣并采集不到花的美丽。

156. Silence will carry your voice like the nest that holds the sleeping birds.
沉默蕴含声音宛若鸟巢怀抱睡鸟。

157. The Great walks with the Small without fear.
The Middling keeps aloof.
伟大不怕与琐屑同行。
中不溜的却避而远之。

158. The night opens the flowers in secret and allows the day to get thanks.
黑夜悄悄地绽放花朵并允许白天去接受谢意。

159. Power takes as ingratitude the writhings of its victims.
权势认为牺牲者的极端痛苦是忘恩负义。

160. When we rejoice in our fullness, then we can part with our fruits with joy.
当我们以自己充实为乐时,那末我们便能快乐地与自己果实分手了。

161. The raindrops kissed the earth and whispered, “We are thy homesick children, mother, come back to thee from the heaven.”
雨点亲吻着大地,柔语着:“我们是你思家的孩子,母亲,现在从天国回到你身边来了。”

162. The cobweb pretends to catch dewdrops and catches flies.
蛛网假装要捉露珠,却逮住了苍蝇。

163. Love! When you come with the burning lamp of pain in your hand, I can see your face and know you as bliss.
爱情啊,当你手里举着燃烧着的痛苦之灯走来时,我能够看到你的脸,并以你为幸福。

164.”The learned say that your lights will one day be no more,” said the firefly to the stars.
The stars made no answer.
萤火对星星说:“学者说你的光明总有一天会消失。”
星星不答。

165. In the dusk of the evening the bird of some early dawn comes to the nest of my silence.
在暮色黄昏里,拂晓的鸟儿来到我沉默的鸟巢。

166. Thoughts pass in my mind like flocks of ducks in the sky.
I hear the voice of their wings.
思绪如一群群野鸭飞过天空般掠过我的心田。
我听到它们鼓翼之声了。

167. The canal loves to think that rivers exist solely to supply it with water.
沟渠爱想:江河的存在只是专为它供水的。

168. The world has kissed my soul with its pain, asking for its return in songs.
世界以其痛苦吻我的灵魂,并要求用歌声回报。

169. That which oppresses me, is it my soul trying to come out in the open, or the soul of the world knocking at my heart for its entrance?
折磨着我的,到底是我想要出走的灵魂还是那敲着我的心扉,想要进来的世俗之魂呢?

170. Thought feeds itself with its own words and grows.
思想以自己的话语滋养自身成长。

171. I have dipped the vessel of my heart into this silent hour; it has filled with love.
我把我心之器皿浸入这缄默时间之中,它已盛满了爱。

172. Either you have work or you have not. When you have to say, "Let us do something", then begins mischief.
你或者在工作或者不在工作。当你不得不说:“让我们做些事吧”时,那末恶作剧就开始了。

173. The sunflower blushed to own the nameless flower as her kin.
The sun rose and smiled on it, saying, "Are you well, my darling?"
向日葵耻于把无名花朵认作它的同胞。
太阳升起来了,向它微笑着说:“你好吗,我的宝贝?”

174. “Who drives me forward like fate?”
“The myself striding on my back.”
“谁像命运般鞭策我前进呢?”
“那是在身后大步走着的我自己。”

175. The clouds fill the water cups of the river, hiding themselves in the distant hills.
云把水倒入江河的杯盏里,自己却藏身于远山之中。

176. I spill water from my water jar as I walk on my way,
very little remains for my home.
我一路走着时,从我的水罐中溅出水来。只剩下一点点水供我家用了。

177. The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark.
The small truth has words that are clear; the great truth has great silence.
杯中之水闪闪发光;海中之水却是一片黑暗。
小小真理可用文字讲清,伟大真理只有巨大的静默。

178. Your smile was the flowers of your own fields, your talk was the rustle of your own mountain pines, but your heart was the woman that we all know.
你的微笑是你自己田园里的花儿,你的谈吐是你自己山上松林的飒飒声;但是你的心却是那个我们都熟知的女子。

179. It is the little things that I leave behind for my loved ones——great things are for everyone.
我把小礼物留给我所爱的人——大礼物却留给所有的人。

180. Woman, thou hast encircled the world’s heart with the depth of thy tears as the sea has the earth.
妇人啊,你用泪海包绕着世界的心,就像大海包绕着大地。

181. The sunshine greets me with a smile.
The rain, his sad sister, talks to my heart
太阳微笑着向我致意。
雨,他忧伤的姐妹向我的心诉说。
.
182. My flower of the day dropped its petals forgotten.
In the evening it ripens into a golden fruit of memory.
我的白昼之花,凋谢了它那被遗忘的花瓣。
黄昏中,它成熟为一颗记忆的金色果实。

183. I am like the road in the night listening to the footfalls of its memories in silence.
我就像那夜路,静默地谛听其记忆的足音。

184. The evening sky to me is like a window, and a lighted lamp, and a waiting behind it.
对我来说,黄昏的天空就像一扇窗户,一盏明灯,以及在其后面的一次等待。

185. He who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good.
太急于行善之人反而找不到时间去做善人。

186. I am the autumn cloud, empty of rain, see my fullness in the field of ripened rice.
我是秋云,空空无雨,但在成熟的稻田中,可以看见我的充实。

187. They hated and killed and men praised them.
But God in shame hastens to hide its memory under the green grass.
他们愤世嫉俗,他们杀戮,人类赞扬他们。
然而羞愧的上帝却匆忙把他的记忆埋藏在青草下面。

188. Toes are the fingers that have forsaken their past.
足趾乃是舍弃了其过去的手指。

189. Darkness travels towards light, but blindness towards death.
黑暗朝着光明前进,但愚昧却朝着死亡前进。

190. The pet dog suspects the universe for scheming to take its place.
宠物狗疑心宇宙阴谋篡夺其位。

191. Sit still, my heart, do not raise your dust.
Let the world find its way to you.
静静地坐着,我的心,不要扬起你的尘土。
让世界自己寻找通向你的路吧。

192. The bow whispers to the arrow before it speeds forth——“Your freedom is mine.”
弓对即将离弦之箭低语道:“你的自由就是我的自由。”

193. Woman, in your laughter you have the music of the fountain of life.
妇人,你的笑声里蕴含着生命之泉的音乐。

194. A mind all logic is like a knife all blade.
It makes the hand bleed that uses it.
满是逻辑之头脑仿佛一柄全是锋刃之刀。
它使使用它的人手上流血。

195. God loves man's lamp lights better than his own great stars.
上帝爱人间的灯火甚于他自己的巨星。

196. This world is the world of wild storms kept tame with the music of beauty.
这世界乃是为美之音乐所驯服了的狂风暴雨的世界。

197. “My heart is like the golden casket of thy kiss,” said the sunset cloud to the sun.
晚霞向落日说:“被你一吻,我的心就像黄金宝箱了。”

198. By touching you may kill, by keeping away you may possess.
近会伤人,远避反而拥有。

199. The cricket's chirp and the patter of rain come to me through the dark, like the rustle of dreams from my past youth.
蟋蟀唧唧,夜雨淅沥,从黑暗中传到我的耳边,仿佛我过去青葱岁月传来的飒飒梦声。

200. “I have lost my dewdrop,” cries the flower to the morning sky that has lost all its stars.
花朵向繁星落尽的清晨天空哭喊:“我的露珠丢了。”

2008-04-16 07:05:48
Reply with quote
钓月 ?2008-04-17 05:05:46?? Reply with quote


谢谢各位品读,飞鸟已全部新译出,自己认为在诗意方面超出前人,在英语国家网站贴出目的是进一步完善和寻求合作出版机会!希望各位狠批,钓月将笑纳.

_________________
View user's profile     钓月Collection
钓月 ?2008-04-17 05:11:31?? Reply with quote


另外,还想请消息灵通人士指点一下:
双语翻译人士的专业前景.先行谢过!
期待指点和合作.

_________________
View user's profile     钓月Collection
Lake ?2008-04-17 11:49:52?? Reply with quote


Welcome on board, 钓月!

I'm not very good at translation, but I feel you did a decent job though I didn't read word by word, line by line, too much for intensive reading. Smile

I wonder if it would be more fun to translate something new since among these many translated versions it is hard to have another one stand out.

My opinion only.

Cheers,

Lake

_________________
View user's profile     LakeCollection
钓月 ?2008-04-17 16:49:53?? Reply with quote


Thanks for your advice. At present, I'm busy writing my own Chinese poems. At the same time, I'm also learning from you through reading yours and ohter interesting pieces. At the end of this year, I'm going to publish my collection of verses. Next year, After the publication of my book, I'm going to do some translation.

The swan sings
In sleep
On the lake of the mind
yours

Fishmoon

_________________
View user's profile     钓月Collection
评论鉴赏 Reviews
散文游记
宾至如归
小说故事